Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quick, Easy, and Healthy Snack

It's that time again... 4pm and I'm hungry, but I don't want to overdue it with something TOO filling where I won't be hungry for dinner. I try to eat an apple a day, but this time added a tasty friend with it- Greek yogurt! Apples are one of the best fruits to go to for a snack because they are packed with lots of fiber. Plus, they are a negative calorie food! Winning. They are also easy to pair with just about anything and everything (especially Trader Joes Almond Butter) But I was feeling something a little different...

Snack
Greek yogurt with crushed almonds and an apple.

I used Trader Joes non-fat Greek yogurt, the pomegranate flavor. These little cups have only 110 calories and 14g of protein! Talk about a healthy lil thing. Plus, yogurt is an important part of an everyday diet. It offers much needed calcium, AND is known to boot your metabolism. Basically, you can't go wrong with reaching for yogurt (especially frozen yogurt, or as I call it 'fro-yo') Anyway, I added some chopped almonds on top- they are another very healthy snack, and sprinkled them on top.

Within 5 minutes I had a tasty, healthy, and colorful snack ready! I paired it with the latest episode of the Bachelor, and one could say I was a pretty happy camper.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment