Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baked Oatmeal Bars

These are the perfect snack, and oh so healthy. There are so many different varieties of nuts and fruit that you can have a new flavor of the week. I made them this morning and the prep work was minimal, they just take 40 minutes to bake so my dog was very anxious because he was expecting to go on our morning hike... Ops!

Baked Oatmeal Bars:
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried or fresh fruit (I used an apple, you can do cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, raisins... the possibilities are endless)
- 1/2 chopped nuts (I did almonds, but you can also do pecans, walnuts, or even a mix of all of them)
- 1/4 cup seeds (I did flax for the omega and "good" fats it offers, but you can also do sunflower, etc.)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, however I LOVE cinnamon so I used way more than that
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.25 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 egg
- Directions: Combine all wet ingredients and mix together. Combine all dry ingredients and mix together. Pour the wet into the dry and mix all together. Place in a 9x9 pan with either cooking spray or paper, and place in oven at 350 for 40 minutes. Cut into 9 squares, or 12 if you want them to be smaller.


You could eat with a side of greek yogurt and more fruit if desired! Also, you can freeze them to make them last longer- just pop them in the microwave when you want to eat them.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment