Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oat Pancakes - A MUST Try!

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day, and oats are my favorite staple to use when experimenting with breakfast foods. Therefore, I had to try making oat pancakes. They came out perfect, and honestly tasted better than a regular pancake. This is definitely something you should try, and the prep/cook time is very minimal.

Oat Pancakes:
- 1/2 Low fat cottage cheese
- 1 Cup oats
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon (as much or as little as you want- I just LOVE cinnamon. Plus it's known to boost your metabolism)
- Fruit (optional) For either the side or in the pancake itself
- Cooking spray
- Directions: Combine the cottage cheese, oats, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. If you are adding fruit to the mix add in after the first ingredients are combined fully. Once batter is mixed, cook like regular pancakes on the stove on medium heat (be sure to use the cooking spray so they don't stick). You can make the pancakes any size you want- but for medium sized pancakes I would cook about 2 minutes on each side.

They came out perfectly and so moist! My dad even said "Ouu I would eat these a lot!" I also put a scoop of non-fat Greek yogurt and drizzled honey on top, and had blueberries on the side.

Combined ingredients in a mixing bowl

What it looks like once everything is well mixed

These are the oats I do all of my baking/cooking with. They are GLUTEN free, and delicious as well. You can find them at Trader Joes of course.

Ta-Da! The end product with a scoop of Greek yogurt, honey, and blueberries on top.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment