Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Asian Lettuce Wraps

I've been so bored with ground turkey and only making turkey burgers out of it. Therefore, after some research I realized, "helloooo lettuce wraps!" I played around with a few recipes until I made one that would be delicious and healthy.


Asian Lettuce Wraps: 
- Pound of ground turkey
- Can of water chestnuts, chopped fine
- Red bell pepper chopped fine
- 8 sticks of scallions chopped fine
- ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce (could use soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (could also use sesame seeds, but I thought these offered more)
- pack of cabbage lettuce for the wraps
- Directions: cook the turkey halfway, then add the water chestnuts, pepper, scallions, and teriyaki sauce- then cook all together until the turkey is ready! So simple. 

I served it with edamame on the side as well.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to try this one! your blog is AWESOME!! I LOVE IT! YOU ROCK! thanks for all the great recipes! I now have another "cookbook"! :)

    ReplyDelete