Tuesday, January 10, 2012

BBQ Chicken With Even Tastier Sides

I love me some chicken, and it's been awhile since I've had some. Therefore, in honor of my best friend, Cassie, coming over I decided to try something new for her. I gave her a list of different dishes, and she chose this one, hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!

For the Main Dish
BBQ Chicken:
- Trader Joe frozen chicken breasts (the bag comes with about 5)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Basil
- BBQ sauce
- Direction: Cut chicken into long thin pieces. Place on stove on medium heat with a little garlic olive oil (I get it from Trader Joes) apple cider vinegar, and basil on top. Cook fully. You can make the side dish at the same time

I had the BBQ sauce on the side for one of two reasons; in case I wanted to use the chicken as leftovers in another dish, and also so that we could have as much or as little as we wanted. Just be sure to heat up the BBQ sauce in a small dish (that's what my mom suggested and I hate to admit when she's right but she definitely was).

For the Side Dish
Black Bean and Corn Salad:
- 1 chopped tomato
- Can of corn
- Can of black beans
- 5 scallions, cut
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Pepper to taste
- Directions: Mix corn and beans together in one bowl. In another, mix the chopped tomato and scallions together. The next step could be done in either the stove or on stove top. Mix the two separate mixes together and add the garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper (as much as you want) If you do decide to place it in the stove, put the mix in a pan at 350 for about 15 min while watching it and stirring it accordingly. If you cook it on the stove top, cook at medium heat with a little olive oil for 10 minutes, all while stirring accordingly.

I also served this dish with steamed broccoli.





Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment