Monday, May 14, 2012

Chimichurri Sauce Recipe

My older brother studied abroad in Argentina, and while abroad, he raved about this amazing chimichurri sauce. It is similar to a pesto, and is used as a marinade as well as a sauce for grilled steak, chicken, and other sources of protein. To be honest, I put it atop most of my food when I make it.

It is easy to make, and can be whipped together quickly.

Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, OR 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used Trader Joes Garlic Olive Oil and the extra garlic it added only heightened the flavor even more)
- 2 tablespoons red or white vinegar (I used red)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Direction:
- Finely chop the parsley, oregano, and garlic. Place in a small bowl
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes

Serve immediately or refrigerate. If refrigerated, return to room temperature before serving. This particular method serves 4.



*I put this atop steak, scallops, and shrimp. I cubed the steak, and mixed in salt, pepper, rosemary, and chopped scallions. I cooked via stovetop, keeping the spices minimal so that it wouldn't take away from the chimichurri sauce. I also cooked the scallops and shrimp the same way.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment