Monday, August 6, 2012

Mean Green Smoothie

Ever had that feeling that you've been eating too much junk food and are feeling rather sluggish? That's been me ever since coming to Chicago... Therefore, now that I have two weeks left before going back to school for my SENIOR year, I've decided that I need to buckle down- NO MORE DEEP DISH PIZZA! 

All day at work today I was craving something cold and light to eat for dinner, and after searching through Pinterest, I adapted a way to make my own "mean green smoothie!"

The ingredients may come off a little crazy and odd, but they all worked well together, and kept me full and satisfied, as well as gave me a lot of energy for my workout.

Ingredients:
- Cup of green tea at room temp (this is the liquid I chose to use because of it's health benefits, however water or skim/soy milk would also work)
- Handful of kale
- Cup of yogurt (Greek or Iclandic are your best bets)
- Cinnamon 
- Large scoop of peanut or almond butter
- Banana
- Ice

Directions: 
- Blend all ingredients together! It's as simple as that



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment